Dixon Entrance West
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 26 September 2021
Today Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind east 20 knots increasing to east 25 to 35 early this afternoon then diminishing to southeast 15 to 25 this evening. Wind becoming east 15 after midnight then increasing to east 15 to 25 Monday morning. Wind becoming northwest 20 to 30 Monday afternoon.
Periods of rain this afternoon tonight and Monday. Risk of thunderstorms overnight and Monday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance WestIssued 10:30 AM PDT 26 September 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 26 September 2021 Today Tonight and Monday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today low 979 mb located 360 miles west of Cape
By 10:30 a.m. PDT Monday low 986 mb located over Haida Gwaii.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT Monday approaching ridge located west of the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:28 AM PDT 26 September 2021 A deep area of low pressure will approach central offshore waters
today and reach Haida Gwaii by midday Monday. The low will then
weaken as it slowly makes its way towards the Alaskan Panhandle
Monday afternoon. Ahead of the low, strong to gale force southerlies
will spread to most waters by this afternoon. Gale force
southwesterlies are forecast south of the low. Gale force
northwesterlies will develop over the offshore waters as
The low passes.
A ridge of high pressure will approach Pacific coastal waters on
Monday, prolonging strong to gale force northwesterlies through
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: