Dixon Entrance West
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 17 July 2019
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind northwest 20 to 30 knots becoming west 20 near midnight then diminishing to west 10 to 15 Thursday morning.
Showers ending near noon Thursday. Risk of thunderstorms today and this evening.
Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 17 July 2019 Today Tonight and Thursday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today departing cold front located on a line
north-south over Victoria.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today weakening ridge located off Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:32 AM PDT 17 July 2019 A cold front near Victoria will continue moving through the South
Coast late this morning. Strong southeasterly winds over the Strait
of Georgia will shift to locally strong westerly early this
afternoon. Gale force westerlies will develop over the Juan de Fuca
strait this afternoon and persist through this evening.
Meanwhile, a weakening ridge of high pressure in the wake of the
front will maintain strong to local gale force westerly or
northwesterly winds over north and central waters today.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: