Dixon Entrance West
Issued 10:30 AM PST 14 November 2019
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind southwesterly 15 to 25 knots backing to southerly 20 to 30 after midnight. Wind southerly 20 to 30 Friday.
Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Dixon Entrance WestIssued 10:30 AM PST 14 November 2019
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 14 November 2019 Today Tonight and Friday At 10:30 a.m. PST today frontal system located on a line north-south
over Hecate Strait.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Friday dissipating frontal system located on a
line north-south over southern Vancouver Island.
At midnight PST tonight low 976 mb located over the Gulf of Alaska.
By 10:00 a.m. PST Friday departing low 982 mb located over the
Gulf of Alaska.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:20 AM PST 14 November 2019 A Pacific front crossing Hecate Strait and Queen Charlotte Sound near
midday today will dissipate over southern waters tonight. Gale to
storm force southeast winds from Dixon Entrance East to west coast
Vancouver Island and Queen Charlotte Strait will ease to moderate to
strong southerly in the wake of the front.
Another frontal system will bring gale to storm force southeast winds
to northern and central waters Friday night.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: