Dixon Entrance West
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 07 April 2020
Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind light increasing to south 15 to 25 knots early this evening and to southerly 25 to 35 after midnight. Wind diminishing to westerly 15 to 20 Wednesday evening.
Periods of rain overnight and Wednesday.
Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance WestIssued 4:00 PM PDT 07 April 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 7 April 2020 Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Wednesday ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over northern Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Wednesday frontal system located over northern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:46 PM PDT 7 April 2020 A frontal system will cross the northern waters tonight and
Wednesday producing gale force southerly winds over the region. The
winds will ease later Wednesday evening as the system weakens.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: