Dixon Entrance West
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 28 September 2020
Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 5 to 15 knots backing to southeast 5 to 15 late this afternoon then increasing to east 15 to 25 late overnight. Wind increasing to east 25 to 35 early Tuesday morning then diminishing to southeast 15 to 25 early Tuesday afternoon. Wind increasing to southeast 30 to 40 Tuesday evening.
Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance WestIssued 4:00 PM PDT 28 September 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 28 September 2020 Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over central Vancouver Island.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over the Central Coast.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today warm front located on a line
northeast-southwest over southern Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Tuesday departing warm front located north
At 4:00 p.m. PDT Tuesday cold front located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Wednesday dissipating cold front located on a
line north-south over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:51 PM PDT 28 September 2020 A warm front will cross Bowie tonight and Tuesday. Ahead of the
system, gale force easterly winds will develop over Bowie.
The associated cold front will approach Bowie late Tuesday afternoon.
Southeasterly gales will develop over the northern offshore waters
Tuesday evening then spread to central and northern coastal waters
Tuesday after midnight.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: