Dixon Entrance East
Issued 10:30 AM PST 02 December 2023
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southwest 10 to 20 knots backing to south 20 to 25 early this evening then increasing to south 25 to 35 late this evening. Wind increasing to southeast 40 to 50 near midnight then diminishing to southwest 25 to 35 early Sunday morning.
Rain this afternoon and tonight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 10:30 AM PST 02 December 2023
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 2 December 2023 Today Tonight and Sunday At 10:30 a.m. PST today low located northwest of Langara.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today dissipating low located over the southern
At 6:00 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Sunday frontal system located from the Alaska
panhandle to Cape Scott.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:22 AM PST 2 December 2023 A low centre northwest of Langara will move over the Southern Alaskan
Panhandle this afternoon and dissipate. Strong to gale force westerly
winds southwest of Haida Gwaii will ease this afternoon.
A frontal system will approach the offshore waters by late this
afternoon. Gale force southeasterlies will develop ahead of the front
this evening and strengthen further to storms overnight over northern
and central waters. Gales will extend into the inner South Coast
waters overnight. Widespread gale force westerlies are expected
In the wake of the system, with an area of storm force westerlies
expected over the offshore waters on Sunday morning.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: