Dixon Entrance East
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 16 September 2019
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 20 to 30 knots increasing to southeast 35 to 45 this afternoon then diminishing to northeast 10 to 20 early Tuesday morning. Wind diminishing to light late Tuesday morning then increasing to northwest 10 to 20 Tuesday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 10:30 AM PDT 16 September 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 16 September 2019 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today frontal system located on a line north-south
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday frontal system located on a line
northwest-southeast over northern Vancouver Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:26 AM PDT 16 September 2019 A frontal system over Bowie will intensify as it moves across the
northern waters today. Southerly gales will develop over the northern
waters this afternoon then spread to the central and southern waters
tonight. Localized storm force winds can be expected over Hecate
Strait and Dixon west this evening.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: