Dixon Entrance East
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 24 September 2022
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 15 to 25 knots increasing to southeast 25 to 35 early this afternoon then becoming southeast 20 to 30 early this evening. Wind increasing to southeast 30 to 40 Sunday morning then diminishing to southeast 20 to 30 Sunday evening.
Showers changing to rain overnight then to showers Sunday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 10:30 AM PDT 24 September 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 24 September 2022 Today Tonight and Sunday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located over the
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today trough located from Hecate Strait to
By 6:00 p.m. PDT tonight weakening trough located from McInnes
Island to Cape Scott.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Sunday trough located over Bowie.
By 10:30 a.m. PDT Sunday trough located over the North Coast.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:26 AM PDT 24 September 2022 A trough will push into northern waters this morning. Ahead of the
trough, southeasterly marginal gales will develop over East Dixon and
Northern Hecate Strait then begin easing late this afternoon as the
On Sunday, another trough will move into northern waters in the
morning. Ahead of the second trough, southeasterly gales will develop
over East Dixon and Northern Hecate Strait.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: