Dixon Entrance East
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 21 August 2019
Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind westerly 20 to 30 knots diminishing to westerly 10 to 20 this evening and to light late overnight. Wind increasing to southerly 10 to 20 Thursday morning and to southerly 20 to 30 early Thursday afternoon. Wind increasing to southerly 35 to 45 Thursday evening.
Showers beginning Thursday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 9:30 PM PDT 21 August 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 21 August 2019 Tonight and Thursday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight building ridge located near Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Thursday ridge located on a line north-south over
Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT Thursday frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 10:30 p.m. PDT Thursday frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:26 PM PDT 21 August 2019 A broad ridge of high pressure will build across the marine waters
tonight. Moderate to strong northwest winds are expected except gale
force winds along parts of the west coast of Vancouver Island
A frontal system will arrive over Bowie on Thursday. The system will
Progress into the northern and central waters Thursday night.
Gale force southeasterlies will develop ahead of the system.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: