Dixon Entrance East
Issued 10:30 AM PST 23 January 2020
Today Tonight and Friday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southerly 15 to 25 knots increasing to southeast 25 to 35 late this afternoon then diminishing to variable 5 to 15 Friday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 10:30 AM PST 23 January 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 23 January 2020 Today Tonight and Friday At 10:30 a.m. PST today dissipating cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over central Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 p.m. PST today trough located west of the offshore waters.
By 10:30 a.m. PST Friday departing trough located on a line
north-south over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:25 AM PST 23 January 2020 A cold front over the Vancouver Island will move southward out of the
region this afternoon. Strong to gale force southeasterly winds
through the Strait of Georgia will become moderate to strong this
A trough of low pressure will approach the offshore waters late this
afternoon. The system will move eastward across the BC waters late
tonight and on Friday. Strong to gale force southerly winds will
develop over parts of the central and northern coastal waters tonight
and continue on Friday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: