Dixon Entrance East
Issued 04:00 PM PST 03 February 2023
Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 25 to 35 knots becoming southeast 20 to 30 late overnight then increasing to southeast 35 to 40 late Saturday morning. Wind becoming northwest 35 Saturday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 4:00 PM PST 03 February 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 3 February 2023 Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located from Haida Gwaii to
Queen Charlotte Sound.
By 10:00 p.m. PST tonight dissipating frontal system located on
a line northwest-southeast over Hecate Strait.
At 4:00 p.m. PST today weakening trough located over Vancouver
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located off Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Saturday frontal system located over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:48 PM PST 3 February 2023 A frontal system over Haida Gwaii is producing southeasterly gales to
its east. Meanwhile a trough over Vancouver Island is spreading
southeast gales to the inner South Coast.
Winds will ease this evening as both systems move inland, though
there will be a brief period of southwest gales across West Coast
Vancouver Island South and the mouth of Juan de Fuca Strait this
evening in the wake of the low.
Another frontal system will approach the BC coast Saturday morning
producing widespread gale to storm force southeasterly winds. This
system will cross Haida Gwaii Saturday evening with northwest gales
developing in its wake.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: