Dixon Entrance East
Issued 10:30 AM PST 11 November 2019
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southeast 40 to 50 knots except northeast 35 near Portland Inlet. Wind diminishing to southeast 25 to 35 late this afternoon except northeast 25 near Portland Inlet. Wind becoming southwest 15 to 25 Tuesday morning.
Rain changing to showers near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 10:30 AM PST 11 November 2019
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 11 November 2019 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 10:30 a.m. PST today frontal system located over Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located on a line north-south
over Hecate Strait.
At 10:30 a.m. PST today ridge located over BC interior.
By 10:30 p.m. PST tonight weakening ridge located over BC interior.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:23 AM PST 11 November 2019 A frontal system over the offshore waters will cross Haida Gwaii
This morning then reach Hecate Strait this afternoon.
Ahead of the front, gale to storm force southeasterly winds will
continue over the northern and central waters today. The winds will
shift to strong to gale force southwesterlies tonight in its wake.
Meanwhile, a ridge of high pressure over the BC Interior will
continue to produce strong to gale force outflow winds through the
mainland inlets of the North and Central Coasts. The outflow winds
will ease this afternoon.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: