Dixon Entrance East
Issued 09:30 PM PST 27 January 2023
Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northerly 15 to 25 knots except northeasterly outflow 25 to 35 near Portland Inlet overnight. Wind becoming northeast 20 to 30 early Saturday morning except northeasterly outflow 30 to 40 near Portland Inlet. Wind becoming northeast 15 to 25 Saturday afternoon except northeasterly outflow 25 to 35 near Portland Inlet.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 9:30 PM PST 27 January 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 27 January 2023 Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight trough located over Vancouver Island.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Saturday departing trough located southwest of
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight building ridge located over northeastern
By 4:00 a.m. PST Saturday building ridge located over BC interior.
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight quasi-stationary ridge located over the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:03 PM PST 27 January 2023 A trough over Southern Vancouver Island will slowly move southward.
Meanwhile, a ridge of high pressure will remain offshore. Strong to
gale force northerly winds will prevail between these two features,
over most outer coastal waters and Explorer.
A strong ridge of high pressure will build over the BC
Interior tonight and Saturday. Strong to gale force outflow winds
will develop in the mainland inlets tonight and strengthen to gale to
storm force outflow on Saturday as the ridge builds.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: