Dixon Entrance East
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 03 August 2020
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 15 knots increasing to south 15 to 25 late this afternoon and to south 25 to 35 late overnight. Wind south 25 to 35 Tuesday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 04:00 AM PDT 03 August 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 3 August 2020 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today building ridge located west of the offshore
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today frontal system located on a line
northwest-southeast over Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday frontal system located on a line
north-south over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:47 AM PDT 3 August 2020 A frontal system will cross Bowie tonight to lie over Haida Gwaii
By Tuesday morning. The system will then remain over Haida Gwaii
during the day on Tuesday. Ahead of the front, strong to marginal
gale force southerly winds will develop over parts of the northern
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: