Dixon Entrance East
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 22 July 2019
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind light increasing to south 10 to 20 knots early this evening then backing to southeast 15 to 25 after midnight. Wind increasing to southeast 25 to 35 Tuesday afternoon.
Showers beginning early this evening. Risk of thunderstorms this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 04:00 AM PDT 22 July 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 22 July 2019 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today weakening ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Tofino.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today low 1014 mb located over southern Explorer.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday low 1014 mb located off Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:59 AM PDT 22 July 2019 A ridge of high pressure offshore will remain over Explorer today.
Strong to gale force westerlies will develop late this afternoon
Over eastern sections of Juan de Fuca Strait then ease this evening.
An area of low pressure will approach Haida Gwaii on Tuesday. Ahead
of the low, strong to gale force southerlies will develop over
Northern Hecate Strait and Dixon Entrance East Tuesday afternoon.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: