Dixon Entrance East
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 23 October 2019
Tonight and Thursday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southeast 40 to 50 knots diminishing to southeast 25 to 35 this evening and to westerly 5 to 15 after midnight. Wind westerly 5 to 15 Thursday.
Periods of rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 4:00 PM PDT 23 October 2019
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 23 October 2019 Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today frontal system located on a line north-south
over Haida Gwaii.
By 10:30 a.m. PDT Thursday weakening frontal system located over
the Central Coast.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT Thursday trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over Queen Charlotte Sound.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Friday departing trough located over central
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:31 PM PDT 23 October 2019 A Pacific frontal system over Haida Gwaii will move across the North
Coast this evening and remain nearly stationary across central waters
overnight and Thursday.
In its wake, gale to storm force southeasterlies over northern waters
will ease to moderate to strong westerly tonight then to light to
Over central waters winds strong to gale force southerly gales will
continue tonight through Thursday.
On Thursday night, a developing trough of low pressure will track
across central and southern waters. In its wake, strong to gale force
northwesterlies will develop over most outer waters.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: