Dixon Entrance East
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 16 August 2022
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 15 to 25 knots increasing to southeast 25 to 35 late this afternoon then diminishing to southeast 15 to 25 late overnight. Wind becoming south 15 Wednesday afternoon then diminishing to light Wednesday evening.
Scattered showers changing to rain this evening then to periods of drizzle near midnight and ending Wednesday morning. Fog patches dissipating this morning. Fog patches forming after midnight and dissipating near noon Wednesday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 04:00 AM PDT 16 August 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 16 August 2022 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today frontal system located west of the offshore
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over Bowie.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Wednesday building ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Queen Charlotte Sound.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:45 AM PDT 16 August 2022 A frontal system will move through Bowie today. Strong to gale force
southeasterlies over Bowie will spread to waters near Northern Haida
Gwaii this afternoon. Winds will ease early Wednesday morning as the
frontal system departs.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: