Dixon Entrance East
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 26 September 2023
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 35 to 45 knots diminishing to southeast 25 to 35 this evening and to southwest 15 to 25 Wednesday morning. Wind diminishing to westerly 5 to 15 Wednesday afternoon.
Periods of rain. Visibility 1 mile or less in rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 04:00 AM PDT 26 September 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 26 September 2023 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today low 976 mb located over southern Bowie.
By 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight departing low 990 mb located over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:49 AM PDT 26 September 2023 An intense low will remain over Bowie today before moving north
towards the Alaskan Panhandle Wednesday morning. Ahead of the low,
gale to storm force southeasterlies over central and northern coastal
waters will gradually ease to strong to gale force today.
In its wake, strong to gale force westerlies will persist over the
offshore waters today and tonight, before spreading to northern
waters early Wednesday morning.
Across the inner South Coast, gale force southeasterlies over Strait
of Georgia - north of Nanaimo will ease this afternoon.
Additionally, conditions are favourable for waterspout development
over Explorer and west coast Vancouver Island today and tonight.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: