Dixon Entrance East
Issued 09:30 PM PST 04 December 2023
Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind south 45 knots diminishing to south 35 early Tuesday morning and to southwest 30 near noon Tuesday.
Showers with a risk of thunderstorms.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 9:30 PM PST 04 December 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 4 December 2023 Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight departing frontal system located over
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight low located northwest of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Tuesday weakening low located over the Gulf
At midnight PST Tuesday building ridge located over Vancouver
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:25 PM PST 4 December 2023 Gale to storm force southwesterlies will continue over northern and
central waters tonight as a low passes to the north of the region.
Winds will diminish on Tuesday as the low weakens.
Over the inner South Coast waters, strong southerlies tonight will
weaken as a frontal system over Vancouver Island makes its way across
the Strait of Georgia and into Southern BC by Tuesday morning.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: