Dixon Entrance East
Issued 09:30 PM PST 26 January 2020
Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 30 to 40 knots becoming west 30 to 40 late this evening then diminishing to southwest 15 to 25 late overnight. Wind backing to southeast 10 to 20 Monday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 9:30 PM PST 26 January 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 26 January 2020 Tonight and Monday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight departing low located north of Haida Gwaii.
At 10:30 a.m. PST Monday frontal system located southeast of
By 9:30 p.m. PST Monday frontal system located on a line
northwest-southeast over Cape Scott.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:17 PM PST 26 January 2020 A low pressure centre just north of Haida Gwaii will move into
The Alaskan Panhandle this evening. Strong to gale force westerly
winds over extreme northern waters will ease after midnight as the
system moves inland.
The next frontal system will approach Explorer from the southeast on
Monday. Widespread gale force southeasterlies are expected ahead of
the front Monday afternoon and evening. Gale to storm force
southeasterlies will occur near the West Vancouver Island headlands
late afternoon and evening.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: