Dixon Entrance East
Issued 04:00 PM PST 08 December 2023
Tonight and Saturday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind south 20 to 30 knots increasing to southeast 30 to 40 this evening except northeasterly outflow 25 near Portland Inlet. Wind increasing to southeast 40 to 50 late overnight then diminishing to south 35 early Saturday afternoon. Wind diminishing to west 20 to 30 Saturday evening.
Showers beginning this evening changing to rain near midnight. Visibility 1 mile or less in rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 4:00 PM PST 08 December 2023
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 8 December 2023 Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 p.m. PST today departing ridge located on a line north-south
over the South Coast.
At 4:00 p.m. PST today intensifying frontal system located west
By 1:00 p.m. PST Saturday departing frontal system located from
Hecate Strait to Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 p.m. PST Saturday trough located over Haida Gwaii extending
By midnight PST Saturday weakening trough located over the North
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:53 PM PST 8 December 2023 An approaching frontal system is bringing gale to storm force
southeast winds to the offshore waters. Winds will rise to strong to
gale force southeasterly over the northern and central waters and
west of Vancouver Island this evening as the frontal system
On Saturday morning, winds are likely to rise to hurricane force
southeasterlies in a broad swath from Southern Hecate Strait, through
Queen Charlotte Strait, to Northern Vancouver Island.
Gale force northwesterlies over northern waters, west of Haida Gwaii
will follow this system late Saturday as a sharp surface trough
follows the frontal system.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: