Dixon Entrance East
Issued 09:30 PM PST 30 January 2023
Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 15 to 25 knots increasing to southeast 25 to 35 early Tuesday morning then diminishing to southerly 15 to 25 late Tuesday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 9:30 PM PST 30 January 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 30 January 2023 Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight departing warm front located on a line
northwest-southeast over the North Coast.
At 4:00 a.m. PST Tuesday cold front located on a line north-south
By 4:00 p.m. PST Tuesday departing cold front located from the
North Coast to the Central Coast.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:21 PM PST 30 January 2023 An approaching cold front will track across Haida Gwaii on Tuesday
and move onto the north and Central Coast in the evening. Ahead of
the front, gale force southeasterlies will develop over northern and
central coastal waters Tuesday morning. In its wake, winds will ease
to strong southerlies in the afternoon, but southeast gales will
persist over the Central Coast through Tuesday night.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: