Dixon Entrance East
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 27 September 2021
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 15 to 25 knots becoming variable 10 to 20 late this afternoon then increasing to west 20 to 30 this evening. Wind becoming west 20 Tuesday morning then backing to south 15 to 25 near noon Tuesday. Wind increasing to south 25 to 35 Tuesday afternoon then backing to southeast 45 Tuesday evening.
Showers ending Tuesday morning. Risk of thunderstorms today. Rain Tuesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 04:00 AM PDT 27 September 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 27 September 2021 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today low 982 mb located 90 miles southwest of
Cape St. James.
By 8:00 p.m. PDT tonight departing low 992 mb located over Prince
At 8:00 p.m. PDT tonight ridge located west of Bowie.
By 8:00 p.m. PDT Tuesday departing ridge located on a line
north-south over Vancouver.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday approaching cold front located west
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:56 AM PDT 27 September 2021 A 982 MB low 90 miles southwest of cape St. James will move across
Haida Gwaii today and then inland across Prince Rupert this evening
as it weakens.
Widespread southerly gales over northern and central waters and west
of Vancouver Island will shift to northwest gales to the west of the
low. Winds will diminish overnight as a ridge of high pressure builds
in from the west.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: