Dixon Entrance East
Issued 10:30 AM PST 29 January 2020
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southwesterly 20 to 30 knots backing to southeast 15 to 25 this evening then increasing to southeast 25 to 35 near midnight. Wind increasing to southeast 45 to 55 late overnight then diminishing to westerly 20 Thursday afternoon. Wind increasing to southwest 20 to 30 Thursday evening.
Showers with a risk of thunderstorms today changing to rain overnight and ending Thursday afternoon. Showers Thursday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 12:41 PM PST 29 January 2020
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 29 January 2020 Today Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located west of the offshore
By 4:00 p.m. PST Thursday weakening frontal system located on a
line north-south over northern Vancouver Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:13 AM PST 29 January 2020 In the wake of a frontal system, gale to storm force southwesterlies
over northern and central waters will persist into this afternoon.
Another approaching frontal system will track across Haida Gwaii
Thursday morning and onto the mainland coast late in the afternoon.
Ahead of the front, gale to storm force southerlies will develop over
the offshore, northern and central waters tonight into Thursday
morning. As the front nears, a period of hurricane force can be
expected over the headlands of West Coast Vancouver Island North
beginning Thursday morning. Southeast gales will gradually spread to
the inner South Coast by Thursday afternoon.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: