Dixon Entrance East
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 21 September 2019
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 35 to 45 knots diminishing to southeast 25 to 35 early this morning and to south 15 to 25 late this morning. Wind becoming west 15 early this evening. Wind west 5 to 15 Sunday.
Rain changing to showers today tonight and Sunday morning. Visibility 1 mile or less in rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 04:00 AM PDT 21 September 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 21 September 2019 Today Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over southern Vancouver Island.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today weakening ridge located on a line north-south
over the southern Lower Mainland.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over Haida Gwaii.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over Port Hardy.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Sunday approaching ridge located west of the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:40 AM PDT 21 September 2019 A frontal system over Haida Gwaii will move south to lie over the
Central Coast this afternoon and to near Port Hardy by late this
Ahead of the front, gale force southerlies over the northern waters
will spread to the Central Coast and Northern Vancouver Island this
morning. In the wake of the front, winds will shift to westerly and
ease to moderate to strong.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: