Dixon Entrance East
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 16 July 2019
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind variable 5 to 15 knots increasing to southeast 15 to 20 this morning and to southeast 20 to 30 this afternoon. Wind becoming west 25 to 35 after midnight then diminishing to west 20 to 25 Wednesday morning.
Rain beginning this morning changing to showers Wednesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 04:00 AM PDT 16 July 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 16 July 2019 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today ridge located from the Central Coast to
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today weakening ridge located over Vancouver
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today cold front located over Bowie.
By 6:00 p.m. PDT tonight cold front located on a line north-south
over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:57 AM PDT 16 July 2019 Strong to gale force southerly winds will develop over Hecate Strait,
the Central Coast and eastern sections of Queen Charlotte Sound this
evening ahead of a cold front, winds will then shift to strong to
gale force westerly in the wake of the front and persist through
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: