Dixon Entrance East
Issued 10:30 AM PST 25 February 2021
Today Tonight and Friday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind northwesterly 40 to 50 knots diminishing to northwesterly 30 to 40 near noon and to northwest 20 to 30 Friday morning. Wind diminishing to northwest 10 to 20 Friday evening.
Showers ending Friday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 10:30 AM PST 25 February 2021
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 25 February 2021 Today Tonight and Friday At 10:30 a.m. PST today departing low located near the North Coast.
At 10:30 a.m. PST today ridge located over eastern Pacific Ocean.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 11:00 AM PST 25 February 2021 A deep area of low pressure has just crossed the North Coast this
morning and will quickly move into the Northern BC Interior by
midday. Gale to storm force westerlies over northern and central
waters will ease slightly to widespread and sustained northwest gales
near midday and will continue until Friday morning.
The west to northwest gales have also spread to most South Coast
waters and will continue today, tonight and Friday. One exception
will be the Strait of Georgia where northwest gales are expected to
develop early Friday morning.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: