Dixon Entrance East
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 15 August 2022
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind south 5 to 15 knots increasing to southeast 15 to 25 late overnight and to southeast 30 to 35 Tuesday afternoon.
Rain changing to scattered showers near midnight then to rain Tuesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 04:00 AM PDT 15 August 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 15 August 2022 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today trough located on a line northwest-southeast
By 8:00 p.m. PDT tonight dissipating trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today frontal system located west of the offshore
By 8:00 p.m. PDT tonight frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:52 AM PDT 15 August 2022 A frontal system will approach the offshore waters tonight.
Strong to gale force southeasterlies will develop ahead of the system
over Bowie late this evening and then spread to waters near Northern
Haida Gwaii on Tuesday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: