Dixon Entrance East
Issued 10:30 AM PST 18 January 2022
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind easterly 15 knots except northeasterly outflow 25 near Portland Inlet. Wind becoming southeast 20 to 30 early this evening then increasing to southeast 30 to 40 late overnight. Wind increasing to southeast 40 to 50 Wednesday morning then diminishing to southeast 30 to 40 Wednesday afternoon.
Rain tonight and Wednesday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 10:30 AM PST 18 January 2022
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 18 January 2022 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:30 a.m. PST today ridge located from Hecate Strait to
By 7:00 p.m. PST tonight departing ridge located over the South
At 9:00 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located over the offshore
By 4:00 p.m. PST Wednesday frontal system located from Hecate
Strait to the Central Coast.
At 4:00 p.m. PST Wednesday approaching trough located west of
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:28 AM PST 18 January 2022 A frontal system will move across the northern waters tonight. Gale
force southeasterlies will begin over Northern Bowie near midnight
and spread to northern and central waters before morning. As it
approaches the mainland coast, storm force southeasterlies will
develop across Northern Hecate Strait and Dixon Entrance East late
A trough rapidly following this frontal system Wednesday
Afternoon will maintain southeast gale force winds from Hecate Strait
to Queen Charlotte Strait and increase winds to storm force from
Southern Hecate Strait to the headlands of Vancouver Island late
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: