Dixon Entrance East
Issued 04:00 PM PST 28 November 2021
Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind westerly 10 to 15 knots diminishing to light near midnight then increasing to southeast 10 to 15 early Monday morning. Wind increasing to southeast 20 late Monday morning except northeasterly outflow 25 near Portland Inlet. Wind increasing to south 30 to 40 early Monday afternoon except northeasterly outflow 25 near Portland Inlet Monday afternoon. Wind becoming south 20 to 30 Monday evening.
Showers or flurries ending this evening. Rain Monday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 4:00 PM PST 28 November 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 28 November 2021 Tonight and Monday At 4:00 p.m. PST today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over northern Explorer.
By 10:00 p.m. PST tonight dissipating trough located over northern
At 4:00 a.m. PST Monday frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Monday frontal system located over Haida Gwaii.
At 4:00 p.m. PST Monday approaching frontal system located west
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:48 PM PST 28 November 2021 Yet another frontal system will approach the northern offshore waters
early Monday and move over Haida Gwaii in the afternoon. Gale force
southerly winds will spread to the northern and central waters
Monday, and to the southern offshore waters Monday evening.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: