Dixon Entrance East
Issued 04:00 AM PST 06 December 2019
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northeasterly 15 knots except northeasterly outflow 30 to 35 near Portland Inlet. Wind becoming northeasterly 15 to 20 near noon except northeasterly outflow 30 near Portland Inlet today and tonight and northeasterly outflow 30 to 35 near Portland Inlet overnight and Saturday morning. Wind becoming northerly 5 to 15 Saturday morning except northeasterly outflow 20 to 30 near Portland Inlet.
Showers Saturday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 04:00 AM PST 06 December 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 6 December 2019 Today Tonight and Saturday At 10:30 a.m. PST today low located 600 miles west of California.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today trough from low located from the offshore
waters to Explorer then to the Central Coast.
At 10:30 a.m. PST today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Langara.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 4:01 AM PST 6 December 2019 A low pressure system will remain quasi stationary west of Explorer
today with trough extending from the low to Explorer and the Central
Coast. Strong to gale force southeasterlies will develop over
Southern Explorer and waters west of Vancouver Island this morning
then weaken to moderate to strong in the evening.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: