Dixon Entrance East
Issued 10:30 AM PST 27 January 2020
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southeast 10 to 20 knots increasing to southeast 20 to 30 Tuesday afternoon and to southeast 45 to 55 Tuesday evening.
Showers changing to rain Tuesday evening. Visibility 1 mile or less in precipitation.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 10:50 AM PST 27 January 2020
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 27 January 2020 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 10:30 a.m. PST today frontal system located southwest of
By 1:00 a.m. PST Tuesday weakening frontal system located on a
line northwest-southeast over Cape Scott.
At 4:00 p.m. PST Tuesday frontal system located west of the
By 9:30 p.m. PST Tuesday frontal system located on a line
north-south over Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:17 AM PST 27 January 2020 An approaching frontal system will track across Explorer today and
Northern Vancouver Island this evening. Ahead of the front,
Gale force southeasterlies will continue today over Explorer and
West coast Vancouver Island before spreading to central waters and
the inner South Coast this evening. A brief period of gale to storm
force southeasterlies is expected this evening over west coast
Vancouver Island as the front passes. In the wake of the front, winds
will shift to southwesterly gales over Southern Explorer tonight.
An intense frontal system will track across the offshore waters
Tuesday afternoon and onto the North Coast overnight. Ahead of the
system, winds will rise to gale to storm force southeasterlies over
northern and central waters late Tuesday ahead of the system. In its
wake, winds will veer to gale to storm force southwesterlies Tuesday
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: