Dixon Entrance East
Issued 09:30 PM PST 15 January 2021
Tonight and Saturday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind south 20 knots increasing to southeast 20 to 30 late this evening and to southeast 30 to 40 late overnight. Wind increasing to southeast 45 to 55 late Saturday morning then diminishing to south 30 to 40 Saturday afternoon. Wind diminishing to south 20 to 30 early Saturday evening.
Rain overnight and Saturday. Visibility as low as 1 mile in rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 9:30 PM PST 15 January 2021
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 15 January 2021 Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight ridge located from the South Coast to
the North Coast.
By 7:00 a.m. PST Saturday ridge located over BC interior.
At 10:00 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located west of the
By noon PST Saturday frontal system located on a line
northwest-southeast over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:12 PM PST 15 January 2021 Another Pacific front will move into the offshore waters tonight.
Over northern waters, strong to gale force southwest winds will
develop tonight rising to gale to storm force early Saturday morning
with the approach of the frontal system.
Over central waters, gale to storm force southeast winds will develop
on Saturday morning.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: