Dixon Entrance East
Issued 04:00 AM PST 01 February 2023
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 20 knots increasing to southeast 20 to 30 this morning and to southeast 30 to 40 overnight. Wind southeast 30 to 40 Thursday.
Periods of rain. Visibility 1 mile or less in rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 04:00 AM PST 01 February 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 1 February 2023 Today Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 a.m. PST today trough located on a line northwest-southeast
By 4:00 p.m. PST today departing trough located on a line east-west
At 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located off Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Thursday frontal system located on a line
north-south over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:48 AM PST 1 February 2023 Southeast gales will persist along the Central Coast today as a
trough of low pressure sweeps across Haida Gwaii. Storm force
southeasterlies over Eastern Queen Charlotte Sound will ease later
An approaching frontal system will track northeastwards across the
offshore waters tonight and Haida Gwaii on Thursday. Ahead of the
front, southeast gales will develop over southern and central waters
this evening and then northern waters overnight. The southeast gales
will continue through Thursday and increase to storm force from
Hecate Strait - south to the headlands of North Vancouver Island.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: