Dixon Entrance East
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 31 March 2020
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northeast 15 to 25 knots except northeasterly outflow 25 to 35 near Portland Inlet today and early this evening. Wind becoming northeast 15 Wednesday afternoon.
Temperatures near plus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 04:00 AM PDT 31 March 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 31 March 2020 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today low located over western Queen Charlotte
By 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight departing low located southwest of Tofino.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located over northern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:36 AM PDT 31 March 2020 A low pressure centre over Western Queen Charlotte Sound tracking
southward will lie southwest of Tofino tonight before exiting the
region overnight. West of the low, strong to gale force
northwesterlies over Explorer will ease overnight.
Additionally, a ridge of high pressure over the BC Interior will
continue to give gale force outflow winds near mainland inlets of
The North and Central Coasts today before easing tonight.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: