Dixon Entrance East
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 20 October 2019
Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind variable 5 to 15 knots increasing to southeast 15 to 25 Monday morning and to southeast 30 to 40 early Monday afternoon. Wind becoming west 25 to 35 Monday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 9:30 PM PDT 20 October 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 20 October 2019 Tonight and Monday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight dissipating low located over Hecate Strait.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Monday low located west of the offshore waters.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Monday departing low located over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:28 PM PDT 20 October 2019 A low pressure system over Hecate Strait will dissipate this evening.
Strong westerly winds over the offshore waters will continue
The next low pressure system will move across offshore waters Monday
morning and cross over Haida Gwaii late Monday afternoon. Gale force
southeast winds ahead of the low will switch to gale force westerlies
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: