Dixon Entrance East
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 02 June 2023
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 25 to 35 knots becoming southeast 20 to 30 near noon then becoming southeast 20 early this evening. Wind diminishing to southeast 10 to 15 Saturday evening.
Rain with a risk of thunderstorms this afternoon and this evening changing to showers near midnight. Risk of thunderstorms late Saturday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Gale warning in effect
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 04:00 AM PDT 02 June 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 2 June 2023 Today Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
north-south over Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today frontal system located on a line north-south
over Hecate Strait.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today frontal system located near the Mainland
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today low 1006 mb located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Saturday dissipating low 1019 mb located west of
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:49 AM PDT 2 June 2023 A slow moving frontal system is moving across Hecate Strait and
Will stall over the mainland coast today. Ahead of the front,
intermittent gale force southeasterlies over Hecate Strait and Dixon
Entrance East will continue until near noon.
As the tail of front pushes onto the coast this afternoon, a brief
period of southerly gales will develop near the headlands of
Vancouver Island and Eastern Queen Charlotte Sound.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: