Dixon Entrance East
Issued 04:00 PM PST 22 January 2021
Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 10 to 20 knots veering to northeast 10 to 20 after midnight then to southeast 10 to 20 Saturday morning. Wind increasing to southeast 20 to 30 early Saturday afternoon and to northwesterly 30 to 40 Saturday evening.
Rain or snow Saturday afternoon and evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 4:00 PM PST 22 January 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 22 January 2021 Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 p.m. PST today quasi-stationary ridge located over BC
At 4:00 p.m. PST today ridge located over Bowie.
By 8:00 a.m. PST Saturday weakening ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Explorer.
At 4:00 a.m. PST Saturday frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 8:00 p.m. PST Saturday departing frontal system located on a
line north-south over Hecate Strait.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:48 PM PST 22 January 2021 A frontal system west of Bowie early Saturday morning will approach
Haida Gwaii on Saturday. Ahead of the system, winds will increase to
strong to gale force southerly over the central and northern waters
later Saturday afternoon. Winds will become strong to gale force
northwesterly in the wake of the system on Saturday afternoon.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: