Dixon Entrance East
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 24 September 2023
Today Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 30 to 40 knots diminishing to southeast 20 to 30 late this afternoon then backing to northeast 20 to 30 early this evening. Wind easterly 15 to 25 Monday.
Showers ending this evening. Showers overnight and Monday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 10:30 AM PDT 24 September 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 24 September 2023 Today Tonight and Monday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today trough located over northern Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today trough located over northern Bowie.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today intensifying frontal system located
southwest of Explorer.
By 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight frontal system located off Vancouver
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Monday low 965 mb located off Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Monday low 971 mb located over southern Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:09 AM PDT 24 September 2023 A series of systems will spread gale to hurricane force winds across
the British Columbia waters this evening through Monday.
Initially, a trough will bring southerly gale to storm force winds to
the central and northern waters today.
An intensifying frontal system will cross Explorer this evening,
spreading storm to local hurricane force southeasterly winds across
southern and central waters. Significant wave height of 10 metres is
expected for the northwestern half of Explorer tonight into Monday
Another intense low will move from Explorer to Bowie on Monday
maintaining gale to storm force southeast winds across much of the
marine regions. Local hurricane force southeast winds are expected
over central waters starting Monday afternoon.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: