Dixon Entrance East
Issued 10:30 AM PST 23 January 2021
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 15 to 25 knots increasing to southeast 25 to 35 late this afternoon then becoming northwesterly 30 to 40 late this evening. Wind diminishing to northwest 15 to 25 early Sunday morning and to northwest 5 to 15 near noon Sunday. Wind becoming light Sunday evening.
Rain or snow changing to showers or flurries overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 10:30 AM PST 23 January 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 23 January 2021 Today Tonight and Sunday At 10:30 a.m. PST today frontal system located on a line north-south
By 4:00 a.m. PST Sunday frontal system located on a line north-south
over central Vancouver Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:19 AM PST 23 January 2021 A frontal system will cross northern waters today and central waters
tonight, then reach Central Vancouver Island by Sunday morning. The
system will move southward into the Washington state on Sunday
Ahead of the front, strong to marginal gale force southerly winds
will develop. In the wake of the system, winds will shift to
Strong to gale force northwesterlies.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: