Dixon Entrance East
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 19 September 2021
Today Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind westerly 10 to 15 knots backing to southerly 15 late this afternoon then increasing to south 25 after midnight. Wind increasing to southeast 25 to 35 late overnight and to southeast 35 to 45 early Monday morning.
Showers changing to rain after midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 10:30 AM PDT 19 September 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 19 September 2021 Today Tonight and Monday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today ridge located over western Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Monday ridge located over the South Coast.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 10:30 a.m. PDT Monday frontal system located from Hecate Strait
to the Central Coast then to Cape Scott.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:15 AM PDT 19 September 2021 A frontal system will move into Bowie this evening from the west. The
front will progress across the northern and central waters on Monday.
Gale force southeast winds will develop along the front. In the wake
of the front, the winds will shift to strong to gale force
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: