Dixon Entrance East
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 29 September 2020
Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind easterly 15 to 25 knots increasing to east 25 to 35 after midnight then diminishing to south 15 to 25 Wednesday evening.
Showers Wednesday afternoon and evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 4:00 PM PDT 29 September 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 29 September 2020 Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today cold front located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Wednesday dissipating cold front located on a
line north-south over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:54 PM PDT 29 September 2020 A cold front will approach northern offshore waters tonight and cross
the region on Wednesday. Ahead of the front, southeasterly gales
Over northern offshore waters will spread to central and northern
coastal waters later tonight. The system will dissipate Wednesday
Strong to gale force outflow winds will develop through Douglas
Channel tonight with the approaching cold front.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: