Issued 07:00 PM MDT 20 September 2023
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind southwest 20 knots increasing to southwest 25 this evening then diminishing to southwest 15 Thursday afternoon. Wind diminishing to light early Thursday evening then becoming south 15 late Thursday evening.
Showers changing to periods of drizzle this evening then to scattered showers Thursday morning and ending near noon Thursday. Showers Thursday evening. Fog patches dissipating late overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 20 September 2023 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from 7257N 13836W to 7209N 13531W to 7228N
12820W to Banks Island near 7328N 12422W. Sea ice north of the ice
Second ice edge estimated from Banks Island near 7329N 11518W to
Victoria Island near 7321N 11444W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Victoria Island near 7204N 10456W to
7209N 10313W to Prince of Wales Island near 7230N 10200W. Sea ice
northwest of the ice edge.
Fourth ice edge estimated from Baffin Island near 7100N 8921W to
7035N 9009W to Nunavut near 6913N 8923W. Sea ice southeast of the
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 PM MDT 20 September 2023 Tonight and Thursday At 0000 UTC Thursday low 996 mb located at 69N 110W.
By 0000 UTC Friday low 996 mb located at 74N 109W.
At 0000 UTC Thursday departing ridge located from 75N 69W to
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: