Issued 07:00 AM MDT 29 September 2023
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind northeast 20 knots backing to northwest 20 Saturday afternoon.
Flurries ending this evening.
Temperatures near zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 28 September 2023 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from 7258N 13755W to 7145N 13251W to 7205N
12725W to Banks Island near 7237N 12504W. Sea ice north of the ice
Second ice edge estimated from Victoria Island near 7321N 10431W to
Prince of Wales Island near 7325N 10126W. Sea ice north of the ice
Third ice edge estimated from Brodeur Peninsula near 7154N 9005W to
7142N 9128W to 7007N 9054W to 6912N 8823W to Nunavut near 6844N
8756W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 29 September 2023 Today Tonight and Saturday At 1200 UTC Friday quasi-stationary ridge located from 80N 63W to
At 1200 UTC Friday trough from 1000 mb low located from 67N 93W
to 74N 96W.
By 0000 UTC Sunday trough from 991 mb low located from 67N 83W to
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: