Issued 07:00 AM MDT 21 August 2019
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 15 knots diminishing to light early this morning then increasing to east 15 early this evening. Wind increasing to east 20 late overnight then becoming southwest 20 Thursday afternoon. Wind increasing to west 35 Thursday evening.
Rain this evening. Fog patches dissipating near midnight. Fog Thursday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 20 August 2019 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 7335N 14000W to 7235N 13740W to 7125N 13835W
to 7020N 13645W to Northwest Territories near 7025N 12810W. Sea ice
north of the ice edge.
Warnings (In effect)
DeaseIssued 07:00 AM MDT 21 August 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 21 August 2019 Today Tonight and Thursday At 1200 UTC Wednesday weakening high 1028 mb located at 67N 88W.
At 1200 UTC Wednesday quasi-stationary trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over Davis Strait.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: