Issued 07:00 AM MDT 24 October 2020
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Wind north 20 knots backing to northwest 15 near noon then diminishing to light this evening. Wind increasing to southwest 20 early Sunday morning then veering to west 25 Sunday afternoon.
Flurries changing to snow Sunday evening. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Temperatures near minus 4.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 24 October 2020 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Open water except 9 tenths second-year ice including 4 tenths
multi-year ice in the extreme eastern section.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 24 October 2020 Today Tonight and Sunday At 1200 UTC Saturday ridge located from 68N 123W to 73N 103W.
By 0600 UTC Sunday weakening ridge located from 67N 102W to 74N 86W.
At 1200 UTC Saturday quasi-stationary trough located over Baffin
At 1800 UTC Saturday deepening low 1014 mb located north of Alaska.
By 0000 UTC Monday low 994 mb located over Victoria Island.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: