Issued 07:00 AM MDT 01 October 2022
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 20 knots diminishing to light near noon then increasing to east 20 this evening. Wind increasing to east 35 late overnight then backing to north 35 near noon Sunday.
Rain beginning this evening changing to snow Sunday morning then to flurries Sunday afternoon. Fog patches dissipating this morning. Visibility 1 mile or less in fog patches and in precipitation.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 1 October 2022 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from near 7127N 14100W to 7050N 13600W to
7300N 12701W to Banks Island near 7158N 12553W. Sea ice north of the
Second ice edge estimated from Banks Island near 7146N 12026W to
Victoria Island near 7140N 11904W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Victoria Island near 6914N 10152W to
6919N 10042W to 7018N 10024W to 7105N 10331W to 7308N 10427W to
Prince of Wales Island near 7344N 10107W. Sea ice north then west of
the ice edge.
Fourth ice edge estimated from Somerset Island near 7213N 9355W to
Brodeur Peninsula near 7236N 8945W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Fifth ice edge estimated from Baffin Island near 7018N 8714W to
6954N 8748W to 6910N 8558W to Nunavut near 6827N 8749W. Sea ice east
of the ice edge.
Warnings (In effect)
CoronationIssued 10:10 AM MDT 01 October 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 1 October 2022 Today Tonight and Sunday At 1200 UTC Saturday ridge located from 67N 87W to 82N 68W.
By 0000 UTC Monday ridge located from 67N 67W to 82N 75W.
At 1200 UTC Saturday deepening low 1000 mb located at 72N 105W.
By 0000 UTC Monday low 981 mb located at 67N 96W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: