Issued 07:00 AM MDT 21 September 2023
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind west 15 knots diminishing to light this morning then becoming west 15 near midnight. Wind diminishing to light Friday morning then becoming northeast 15 Friday evening.
Scattered showers tonight. Rain Friday evening. Fog patches forming overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 21 September 2023 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from 7258N 13920W to 7214N 13539W to 7228N
12820W to Banks Island near 7328N 12422W. Sea ice north of the ice
Second ice edge estimated from Banks Island near 7329N 11518W to
Victoria Island near 7321N 11444W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Victoria Island near 7204N 10456W to
7209N 10313W to Prince of Wales Island near 7230N 10200W. Sea ice
northwest of the ice edge.
Fourth ice edge estimated from Brodeur Peninsula near 7129N 8959W to
7126N 9134W to Nunavut near 6913N 8923W. Sea ice southeast of the
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 21 September 2023 Today Tonight and Friday At 1200 UTC Thursday low 996 mb located over northern Victoria
By 0000 UTC Saturday low 996 mb located off Prince Patrick Island.
At 1200 UTC Thursday departing ridge located on a line north-south
over Baffin Bay.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: