Issued 07:00 AM MDT 06 October 2022
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind southwest 20 knots veering to northwest 25 near noon then diminishing to northwest 15 this evening. Wind diminishing to light near midnight then becoming west 15 Friday morning.
Rain changing to periods of drizzle and mist near noon and ending near midnight. Scattered showers Friday afternoon and evening. Visibility as low as 1 mile in mist.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 6 October 2022 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from near 7127N 14100W to 7023N 13718W to
7153N 12815W to Banks Island near 7158N 12553W. Sea ice north of the
Second ice edge estimated from Banks Island near 7146N 12026W to
Victoria Island near 7140N 11904W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Victoria Island near 6901N 10148W to
6919N 10004W to 7035N 9937W to 7149N 10338W to Prince of Wales
Island near 7239N 10235W. Sea ice north then west of the ice edge.
Fourth ice edge estimated from Prince of Wales Island near 7245N
9633W to Somerset Island near 7339N 9541W. Sea ice west of the ice
Fifth ice edge estimated from Somerset Island near 7206N 9402W to
7219N 9242W to Brodeur Peninsula near 7339N 8801W. Sea ice west of
the ice edge.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 6 October 2022 Today Tonight and Friday At 1200 UTC Thursday quasi-stationary low 998 mb located at 75N 67W.
At 0000 UTC Saturday approaching trough from 964 mb low located
from 78N 140W to 67N 105W.
At 1200 UTC Thursday departing trough from 1006 mb low located
from 80N 131W to 68N 110W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: