Issued 07:00 AM MDT 04 October 2022
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind light increasing to southwest 20 knots near noon Wednesday.
Scattered flurries ending this evening with a risk of freezing drizzle.
Temperatures minus 3 rising to plus 3 Wednesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 4 October 2022 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from near 7127N 14100W to 7008N 13728W to
7202N 12826W to Banks Island near 7158N 12553W. Sea ice north of the
Second ice edge estimated from Banks Island near 7146N 12026W to
Victoria Island near 7140N 11904W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Victoria Island near 6914N 10152W to
6919N 10004W to 7035N 9937W to 7149N 10338W to 7254N 10353W to
Prince of Wales Island near 7344N 10107W. Sea ice north then west of
the ice edge.
Fourth ice edge estimated from Prince of Wales Island near 7300N
9728W to 7316N 9706W to Somerset Island near 7339N 9541W. Sea ice
west then north of the ice edge.
Fifth ice edge estimated from Somerset Island near 7221N 9337W to
7220N 9248W to Brodeur Peninsula near 7339N 8801W. Sea ice north
then west of the ice edge.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 4 October 2022 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 1200 UTC Tuesday departing low 978 mb located at 64N 73W.
At 1200 UTC Tuesday ridge from 1030 mb high located from 75N 135W
to 67N 116W.
By 0000 UTC Thursday ridge from 1039 mb high located from 67N 99W
to 73N 95W.
At 1200 UTC Tuesday low 993 mb located at 75N 64W.
By 0000 UTC Thursday quasi-stationary low 994 mb located at 76N 66W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: