Issued 07:00 AM MDT 12 August 2022
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind northwest 20 knots backing to west 15 this morning then veering to northwest 20 this afternoon. Wind increasing to northwest 25 early this evening then diminishing to northwest 15 near midnight. Wind diminishing to light late overnight then becoming southwest 15 near noon Saturday. Wind diminishing to light Saturday evening.
Showers ending this afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 12 August 2022 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 12 August 2022 Today Tonight and Saturday At 1200 UTC Friday weakening low 977 mb located at 71N 86W.
By 0000 UTC Sunday low 996 mb located at 71N 87W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: