Issued 05:30 PM EDT 17 August 2022
Forecasts are unavailable until further request.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 17 August 2022 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Baffin Island near 6205N 6600W to
6215N 6345W to 6330N 6200W to 6430N 6200W to 6545N 5800W to 6601N
5741W then northward. Sea ice northwest of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from 7308N 6546W to 7115N 6615W to 7200N
6945W to Baffin Island near 7140N 7233W. Sea ice south of the ice
Third ice edge estimated from Brodeur Peninsula near 7350N 8649W to
Devon Island near 7429N 8804W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Fourth ice edge estimated from Devon Island near 7517N 7933W to
7600N 7600W to 7556N 7408W then eastward. Sea ice north of the ice
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 PM MDT 17 August 2022 Tonight and Thursday At 0000 UTC Thursday dissipating ridge located from 76N 140W to
At 0000 UTC Thursday low 993 mb located over Alaska.
By 0000 UTC Friday deepening trough from 989 mb low located over
Banks Island extending eastward.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: