Issued 05:30 PM EDT 25 September 2023
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind light becoming north 15 knots late overnight then diminishing to light Tuesday evening.
Temperatures near minus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 25 September 2023 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Banks Island near 7347N 11602W to
7321N 10915W to Victoria Island near 7332N 10656W. Sea ice north of
the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Prince of Wales Island near 7350N
9935W to 7437N 9851W to Cornwallis Island near 7458N 9623W. Sea ice
northwest of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Cornwallis Island near 7533N 9414W to
Devon Island near 7615N 9347W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Fourth ice edge estimated from Devon Island near 7434N 8919W to
7407N 8827W to Brodeur Peninsula near 7349N 8652W. Sea ice east of
the ice edge.
Fifth ice edge estimated from Borden Peninsula near 7326N 8110W to
Bylot Island near 7324N 8052W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Sixth ice edge estimated from Bylot Island near 7252N 7603W to 7257N
7409W to 7525N 7510W to 7520N 7329W then eastward. Sea ice northwest
of the ice edge.
6 tenths old ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:34 PM MDT 25 September 2023 Tonight and Tuesday At 0000 UTC Tuesday intensifying low 997 mb located at 71N 99W.
By 0000 UTC Wednesday low 992 mb located at 70N 79W.
At 0000 UTC Tuesday departing ridge located over Baffin Bay.
At 0000 UTC Tuesday ridge located from 67N 119W to 74N 140W.
By 0000 UTC Wednesday ridge located from 67N 99W to 76N 123W then
to 87N 87W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: