Issued 05:30 PM EDT 02 October 2023
Forecasts are unavailable until further request.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 2 October 2023 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Victoria Island near 7323N 11433W to
7353N 11320W to Victoria Island near 7321N 10802W. Sea ice north of
the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Prince of Wales Island island near
7350N 10038W to 7440N 10012W Cornwallis Island near 7452N 9600W. Sea
ice west of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Cornwallis Island near 7533N 9414W to
Devon Island near 7615N 9347W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Fourth ice edge estimated from Devon Island near 7430N 8832W to
7418N 8805W to 7414N 8049W to 7441N 7824W to 7619N 7435W then
eastwards. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 PM MDT 2 October 2023 Tonight and Tuesday At 0000 UTC Tuesday trough located from 67N 125W to 80N 120W.
By 0000 UTC Wednesday trough located from 67N 121W to 77N 119W.
At 0000 UTC Tuesday dissipating low 1007 mb located at 68N 89W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: