Issued 05:30 PM EDT 01 October 2023
Forecasts are unavailable until further request.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 1 October 2023 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Banks Island near 7410N 11708W to
7342N 11346W to Stefansson Island near 7341N 10626W. Sea ice north
of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Prince of Wales Island island near
7350N 10038W to 7440N 10012W Cornwallis Island near 7452N 9600W. Sea
ice west of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Cornwallis Island near 7533N 9414W to
Devon Island near 7615N 9347W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Fourth ice edge estimated from Devon Island near 7433N 8339W to
7421N 8108W to 7514N 7505W to 7513N 7321W then eastwards. Sea ice
north of the ice edge.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 1 October 2023 Today Tonight and Monday At 1200 UTC Sunday weakening trough from 992 mb low located from
66N 81W to 76N 95W.
By 0000 UTC Tuesday trough located from 67N 74W to 71N 100W.
At 1200 UTC Sunday weakening ridge located from 67N 111W to 74N
113W then to 81N 69W.
By 0000 UTC Tuesday ridge located from 67N 101W to 73N 104W then
to 80N 70W.
By 0000 UTC Tuesday trough located from 68N 126W to 74N 130W then
to 79N 119W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: