Issued 05:30 AM EDT 30 September 2022
Forecasts are unavailable until further request.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 30 September 2022 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Prince of Wales Island near 7351N
9711W to Somerset Island near 7401N 9511W. Sea ice north of the ice
Second ice edge estimated from Baffin Island near 7317N 8112W to
Bylot Island near 7318N 8049W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Bylot Island near 7315N 7637W to 7352N
7501W to 7442N 7606W to near 7522N 7331W then eastwards. Sea ice
west of the ice edge.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 30 September 2022 Today Tonight and Saturday At 1200 UTC Friday ridge located from 78N 134W to 67N 101W.
By 0000 UTC Sunday ridge located from 82N 68W to 67N 75W.
At 0000 UTC Sunday approaching low 995 mb located at 75N 122W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: