Bowie - northern half
Issued 04:00 PM PST 20 November 2019
Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind south 30 to 40 knots becoming northwest 30 to 40 late overnight then diminishing to southwest 25 near noon Thursday. Wind increasing to south 30 to 40 Thursday afternoon.
Rain ending Thursday morning. Rain Thursday late in the day.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 4:00 PM PST 20 November 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 20 November 2019 Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 p.m. PST today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over Hecate Strait.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Thursday ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over southern Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 p.m. PST today cold front located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Thursday cold front located over Bowie.
At 4:00 p.m. PST Thursday approaching frontal system located west
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:49 PM PST 20 November 2019 A cold front offshore will move across Bowie tonight then across the
North and Central Coasts on Thursday. Southeast gales over Bowie will
spread to central and northern waters tonight. Winds will shift to
strong to gale force westerlies in the wake of the front.
Southerly gales are forecast to develop again over northern waters
Thursday night as another Pacific front approaches the region.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: