Bowie - northern half
Issued 04:00 PM PST 20 January 2022
Tonight and Friday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 10 to 20 knots increasing to southwesterly 25 to 35 this evening. Wind southwesterly 25 to 35 Friday.
Drizzle changing to rain this evening and ending after midnight. Drizzle Friday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 4:00 PM PST 20 January 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 20 January 2022 Tonight and Friday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight ridge located from the North Coast to
By 4:00 a.m. PST Friday quasi-stationary ridge located over the
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight quasi-stationary frontal system located
west of Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:48 PM PST 20 January 2022 Gale force westerlies will continue through Juan de Fuca Strait this
evening. Winds will ease later this evening.
Another frontal system will stall just west of Bowie tonight and
Friday. During this period, southerly gales will develop across
Bowie and parts of the northern waters.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: