Bowie - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PST 23 January 2020
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind westerly 15 to 25 knots diminishing to westerly 10 to 15 late this morning then becoming variable 5 to 15 this afternoon. Wind increasing to southeast 15 to 25 near midnight except northwest 10 to 20 over western sections. Wind becoming west 20 Friday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 23 January 2020 Today Tonight and Friday At 4:00 a.m. PST today dissipating frontal system located over
the Central Coast.
At 4:00 a.m. PST today cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over central Vancouver Island.
By 10:30 a.m. PST today departing cold front located over southern
At 4:00 p.m. PST today trough located west of Bowie.
By 10:30 a.m. PST Friday departing trough located on a line
north-south over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 4:00 AM PST 23 January 2020 A frontal system located from Hecate Strait to the Central Coast
Will dissipate through the morning. Gale force southeasterlies
Along the front will shift to moderate to strong southwesterly winds
in its wake.
The trailing cold front lies over Central Vancouver Island early this
morning in a northeast to southwest orientation. The cold front will
slide southeastwards across Vancouver Island through the day and
depart the South Coast region in the afternoon. Strong to gale
Force southerlies will persist ahead of the front then ease to
moderate to strong southerlies in its wake.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: