Bowie - northern half
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 19 October 2021
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind northwesterly 15 to 25 knots except southeast 40 to 50 over eastern sections. Wind becoming northwesterly 30 near midnight except southeast 40 to 50 over eastern sections. Wind diminishing to southwest 20 early Wednesday morning then backing to south 15 late Wednesday morning. Wind backing to southeast 20 Wednesday evening.
Rain ending overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 10:30 AM PDT 19 October 2021
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 19 October 2021 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today frontal system located over Bowie.
By 7:00 a.m. PDT Wednesday departing frontal system located on a
line northwest-southeast over Hecate Strait.
At 6:00 p.m. PDT Wednesday intensifying frontal system located
southwest of Explorer.
By 2:00 a.m. PDT Thursday frontal system located over Cape Scott
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:29 AM PDT 19 October 2021 A strong frontal system will remain stalled over the offshore waters
through this evening before moving northeastwards towards the
mainland coast. Gale to storm force southeasterlies ahead of this
system will spread towards the north and central mainland coasts
tonight and persist through to Wednesday morning.
Another, more powerful system, will approach the region later
Wednesday. Storm force southerlies are expected for the majority
Of outer coastal waters beginning Wednesday night.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: