Bowie - northern half
Issued 04:00 PM PST 28 November 2022
Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 10 to 20 knots diminishing to light this evening then increasing to east 20 to 30 late overnight. Wind becoming east 25 to 35 early Tuesday morning then backing to northeast 30 to 40 late Tuesday morning.
Scattered showers changing to rain this evening then to showers Tuesday morning. Scattered flurries Tuesday afternoon and evening. Visibility 1 mile or less in rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 4:00 PM PST 28 November 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 28 November 2022 Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 p.m. PST today building ridge located over BC interior.
At 4:00 a.m. PST Tuesday intensifying low 1007 mb located over
By 4:00 p.m. PST Tuesday low 990 mb located northwest of Vancouver
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:54 PM PST 28 November 2022 A ridge of high pressure building over the Northern BC Interior will
generate strong to gale force outflow winds through the mainland
inlets. Outflow winds will strengthen on Tuesday with gale to storm
force strength expected Tuesday night.
A low pressure system will intensify west of Haida Gwaii tonight and
track southeastwards towards Vancouver Island on Tuesday. Gale to
storm force winds will develop over parts of the offshore and central
waters as well as West Vancouver Island on Tuesday.
Over the inner South Coast, snow and strong winds will generate
blowing snow leading to significant reductions in blowing snow during
the day on Tuesday, carrying into Tuesday night.
Over northern coastal waters, a risk of freezing spray will exist
beginning Tuesday evening as Arctic air pushes out from the mainland
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: